Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 5: Siegburg und Fußball

Week 5: Siegburg und Fußball
John Kyle Cooper

Siegburg
After a week in Vienna and a weekend in Prague I was ready for a break… but unfortunately the school week was not generous enough to give that to me. Therefore, I did not catch up on my sleep, but thankfully my body began to slowly recover. Therefore, this last weekend I had enough energy on Friday to meet with my friend from Siegburg, in order to get a tour of this neighboring city and meet her Youth Group. This was quite an experience for me, since I speak little to no German (fortunately can slowly hear and understand words here and there that allow me to understand the main idea of the conversation) everyone in her Youth Group spoke little English, therefore Corinna (my friend) was my translator for the night. Overall, I had an amazing time and it was great to have the opportunity to talk with German kids close to my age and see how their daily lives are in Siegburg!

Leverkusen vs. Frankfurt
On Saturday the AIB was able to take our group to a Fußball game in Leverkusen! Fußball in Germany is amazing, the ultra’s (super fans) are so into the game that they can and will scare you! Luckily, I was able to purchase a Leverkusen Scarf partially because it was (and still is) super warm and (more importantly) they were the underdogs and the winning team! Overall I had a great time cheering for Leverkusen and getting to experience Fußball in Europe, it is unlike the Football experience in America — and I’ll be honest, of the two I would prefer European Fußball. Sorry 12th Man!

Ciao, Siegburg and Leverkusen!


Next Time: Bayer Excursion and Munich!

Note:
If you want to see my photos of my previous weeks, follow me on Instagram: @kylecooper96

No comments:

Post a Comment