Sunday, February 12, 2017

"Study" Abroad - Week 4

Bonn, Germany
February 6th - 12th

Not much to report this week. Everything has begun to slow down and it's time to actually focus on the studying in this study abroad adventure. Classes are picking up and the curriculum is getting harder and harder. There's lots to learn whether its the physiology of the respiratory system, new German phrases and words, signals and systems, or all about the FDA. The learning is never ending. I'm enjoying the majority of my classes and they're doing a great job at keeping me on my toes. Trying to balance fun with work is extremely hard and has always been for me. The hardness level of this balance, has exponentiated ten fold now that I'm abroad. I am training to run a half marathon as well, so that has kept me busy as well. There's so much to do and juggle, it's insane sometimes. Regardless, I'm having an absolute blast while doing it. We did have one planned outing this week though, so it's wasn't all studying and running for the whole week.

Leverkusen, Germany
February 11th

We got to go to Leverkusen to see a soccer game where Leverkusen played against Frankfurt. Leverkusen won 3 to 0 even though Frankfurt was favored. While we were at the game, I kind of felt as though I was in the Harry Potter world watching Quidditch, and I even got a scarf supporting Leverkusen to amplify that magical feeling. I really enjoyed watching the game and noticed that it's very similar to an NFL game except the stadium is smaller and the food is way different. The stadium served currywrust and fries, Bratwurst in bread, and many other signature German foods. I slightly prefer these to the typical American game day snacks, but I will say, I could have used some funnel cake at the game. The weather took a turn for crappy and it started raining/snowing at one point. The seats were covered but it didn't make for a pleasant trip walking back to the train. Note to self, check the weather before you leave the house so you can wear the right shoes. This way, if they get wet, they won't make your feet freeze to a point where you feel like you're carrying unresponsive blocks around.


No comments:

Post a Comment