Wednesday, February 22, 2017

So Far So Good -- Week 5

 


It’s hard to believe that a month has already flown by so quickly. Before coming on the trip, I knew I would have a good time but these past few weeks have exceeded my expectations. I’ve become very appreciative of the opportunities back home and the things I’ve gotten to experience so far in Europe. Over the weekend a few of us went to visit the Dachau concentration camp and it was such an eye-opening experience. Dachau was one of the first concentration camps created during the Holocaust. The word "Dachau" evoked so much fear and terror in so many people across Europe. Actually seeing the gas chambers and poison showers where Jews, homosexuals, anti-Hitler individuals, and so many other groups were murdered less than 100 years ago is an experience everyone should have at least once. Although I don’t want the trip to go by too fast, I’m very excited to see what the next few weeks have in store.









No comments:

Post a Comment