Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wien and the aftermath!

This week we traveled to Vienna, Austria for 5 days! It was a great experience, and my favorite thing was probably the Narrenturm! We went on a few walking tours, visited the Freud House, saw the natural history museum, and ate... a lot. I also had my first wine bar experience, which was definitely above par. Although Vienna was a beautiful city, I was ready to go back to Germany by the end of the trip!

Yesterday Kristen, Rachael, and I met up to study at Starbucks in Bonn, and then we headed back to Rachael's house with Colin to "study" some more! We finally booked our hotels/hostels for Rome and Athens, which helped us to relax a bit... even if it did mean we didn't get that much studying done.

Then we parted ways at the Ramersdorf bus/tram stop... which ended successfully for Colin and Kristen, but not for me. After waiting at the bus stop for 20 minutes, I realized that the bus wasn't running because of the snow... so I walked back to Rachael's, where I was stranded (not like I'm complaining). Being stranded actually worked out in our benefit because when I got back we looked into planes to Prague! We finally decided on a weekend and purchased our flights!

Today I woke up, studied a little, and planned some more trips with Kristen and Allison. All in all, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment