Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ohh Karneval!

        I can't believe I've already lived in Germany for a month! It feels like we just got here last week.. But anyways, last week was quite the adventure! Karneval is definitely an amazing experience, and one that I certainly wouldn't mind coming back for! Wednesday night I was so excited I could hardly sleep, which was terrible because I had to wake up so early to get ready. But thankfully my alarm went off and I actually got up on time..(even though I still managed to make us late to the AIB, whoops?) I really loved my costume, so instead of wearing a big, warm jacket like a normal, logical person, I piled on layer after layer of long sleeve T-shirts. (About 3 long sleeve shirts and 3 pairs of tights to be exact!) This actually worked surprisingly well, although I looked like I had gained about 20lbs over night haha.  The parade in Beuel was a blast, even though I kept getting PEGGED with candy and other random objects haha Not to name any names.. (Dr. Meisner!) But it was super fun, and I certainly LOVED all the free candy! Sadly my dress did not come with pockets, so (being the crafty person I am) I tucked my shirts into my tights, and stored all of my goodies in my new pouch! It was perfect minus the fact that I now had a legitimate food baby haha. But it was definitely worth it!

 
Before the parade with my roomies Lauren and Laura! :) 


Tradition cutting of the men's ties at 11:11! I got Cliff! And I'm loving Jake's photobomb in the background haha!


At the parade with Robert, Andrew, and CC! Love them! 


           On a different note, I find the weather here in Germany to be the strangest I've ever encountered. I'm used to having cold mornings that warm up to be nice afternoons and decent evenings, but here I feel like its almost opposite. The mornings are usually the sunniest and warmest, and by the afternoon the cold starts to set in. This morning I think it was about 40ºF, which is now practically T-shirt weather! (Especially compared to Zürich) And I definitely enjoyed a nice brisk walk to school without a jacket, but by lunch time it was freezing again! I just don't understand... but hopefully this weekend will be nice weather so we can go horse back riding! (It would seriously MAKE my life right about now!) So if anyone would like to join, feel free! :) And it actually didn't rain today which was super nice! I don't mind the cold, so long as it doesn't rain. On top of the days strangely cooling down, we experienced nearly every type of weather possible (minus a tornado/hurricane) in one hour. Never in my life have I ever seen that happen! One moment it was sunny, then the next it was snowing, then the next it was pouring rain, then sunny again, then suddenly hailing golf balls, then back to sleeting, then sunny again. It was INSANE, but really cool at the same time. (I just hope it never happens while I'm trying to go somewhere lol)

Well that's all for now folks! I'll post about Zürich tomorrow, there's WAY too much to say for it to be in a combined post. And pictures coming soon as well! :)

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment