Saturday, February 2, 2013

Finally adapted

It seems I am finally getting use to this life. At first, I had a hard time adapting to the time change. I would go to sleep at around 8pm and wake up at around 3am. During class, it was hard to keep my eyes open even if the lectures were interesting. I also had a hard time adapting to the weather. Coming from Texas, snow is something relatively new. I could not step out the house without putting on several layers of clothes. And what about the food? Some of the food my host family cooks is delicious but then there is that food that I simply do not enjoy and I feel I cannot tell them something because they are really nice to me. These changes, plus many more, were somehow affecting me in school. Having to adapt to all these new things was adding stress to the one I already had from school. Now, I feel everything is flowing smoothly once more. I am starting to go back to my  regular sleeping schedule (which is actually not normal): go to sleep at 2am and wake up at 7am. It seems it started to snow again, but for the past week the weather got pretty warm. And I am starting to feel comfortable with my host family, to the point to which I go to the kitchen and grab whatever I am craving. And, to prove my point that adapting to changes adds to school stress, school is becoming easier; easier in the sense that I finally found my study schedule and I know how to play the school system over here. We have barely been over here for three weeks, and I know school will get thougher, but by staying calm and enjoying every moment I have over here, I know that it will not be as bad as I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment