Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Amsterdam!

So for my first weekend excursion I went to Amsterdam!  It was an absolute blast and an awesome relief from all of the classes that have been so time consuming.  While we were there we went on a beautiful canal cruise where I got a ton of gorgeous pictures from all over the city.


 
 
After the cruise we went over to the Heineken Museum and had a blast with the very interactive tour.

 
The next day we tried to visit the Van Gogh Museum but got tricked into buying tickets to the "Van Gogh 'My Dream' Exhibit."  It was pretty disappointing because it was simply pictures of his paintings.  Afterwards though, we went to tour Anne Frank's house where she wrote her diary while in hiding from the Nazis.  I've read the book and it was cool to be able to associate the place with her story. 
 
This is a picture of all of us taking a selfie with the statue of Anne Frank outside of the Museum.  The entire weekend was incredibly fun and I look forward to traveling a lot more this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment