Monday, February 11, 2013

Alaaf, it's Karneval!!

It's been a little while since I've made a blog post and a lot has happened....so let me see if I can cover everything that has happened.
To start off, it's been Karneval weekend and it's pretty much been a non-stop party/parade/costume frenzy. I've had a blast over the last 5 days. It all started on Thursday where it is apparently "women's day" where all the females take off their wedding rings, and basically can do whatever they want. Hence all the tie cutting and cheek kissing (which her you say Kusse). But I didn't get to go to the parade that was in Beuel because I didn't wake up in time. But I still had a great time later in the day when I went to Koln with two friends. It started snowing hard that night!
Friday and Saturday were also really fun. We went to Koln Sud where a lot of college kids go during Karneval after all of the day celebrations. Sunday was also filled with fun because a big group went to Rachael's home in Ramersdorff to see a local parade. It was definitely a great time singing and dancing in the streets. And finally the last day of Karneval is Monday which is the big finale. Two friends and I hopped a train to Koln and as soon as we got there the streets were packed with people. We definitely got lost a few times but I'm definitely getting a hang of this whole public transportation thing.
I'm super exhausted from this weekend but it was so worth it. I love the German culture and I've met so many cool people. I wish I could remember more from this past week but it's been quite a blur.

Until next time Blogger. Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment