Sunday, February 10, 2013

SUN!!

I woke up very late today but after a good breakfast of granola and yoghurt Fee came home with one of her friends, Peter. She mentioned him several times but this was my first time to meet him. He was so nice and very funny! We all decided that since it was such a nice day (the first day since I've been here that the sun was out all day) we would should take a small hike. We decided to go to the Schloss Drachenberg ( I think that's how it spelt.... but basically The Dragon Castle ). We weren't able to go into the castle but I have a feeling it will make a nice hike again in the spring when all the flowers are blooming and the trees and grass are a new spring green. After we visited the castle we made our way further up the mountain to see ruins of another much older castle. It was so windy on top but definitely worth being cold. I could see almost all the way to Koln!! It was such a clear, pretty day. I took some pretty good pictures and then we started our descent. Had to be extra careful though, it was very slippery on the way down. Then we came home and helped ourselves to some warm tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment