Monday, February 11, 2013

Belgium Beer and Waffles.

My weekend has been pretty awesome. Instead of spending my weekend partying for Carnival, I decided that spend my weekend in Brussels, Belgium. It is a rather small city but everything is close together. I got to see most of the monuments that Brussels offered, the Atomium, the Cinquantenaire and the Manneken Pis to name a few. It is a rather beautiful town that needs more than 2 days to see, especially with castles all over the place. I got to go in one, to think an actual king and queen lived there. I felt so royal.

One thing that was awesome was the bar Le Crobeau, the Raven. It is an awesome bar in downtown Brussels with the finest Belgium beers, oh my they were delicious. Its also a resturant so if you go early enough you can eat then drink all night and the atmosphere is so relaxing that you may never want to leave. And on Friday and Saturday night the women are supposed to dance on top of the table. I suspect you have to be pretty drunk to do that.

Belgium waffles were never created in Belgium, rather, they were created in Northern America. But Brussels sure did have a  lot of waffles and they were pretty delicious. They are rather cheap and can be found on every corner and in between.

Although my weekend was rather short, I hope to someday go back there and experience it all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment