Saturday, May 6, 2023

week 3

 I’ve been in Bonn for two full weeks now & I feel pretty good about taking the bus & finding my way around the city center. Antonia found out I love to paint & draw so she asked me to draw a husky for her! She’s adorable so of course I had to. I searched for photos of huskies & she chose her favorite for me to draw. What I didn’t know, was that she chose a photo of two dogs… but I still drew them & did them justice (if I do say so myself). After lightly sketching them out, I painted them with watercolor which is not my favorite medium. She painted her own drawing next to me and it was such a cute drawing! Emilia drew on her own, across from us, while we painted. My host mom asked what my favorite food was earlier in the week. I said I really love my mom’s tortilla soup & that I miss Latin food (especially my mom’s cooking). She asked for the recipe & we made it the night we painted! I was nervous that it wouldn’t turn out well or that my host family wouldn’t like it, but it was so good! They said they’d make it again because they all liked it, even the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment