Monday, May 8, 2023

post departure post

 Saying bye to everyone was such a strange feeling, especially saying goodbye to my wonderful host family. I got them a cute goodbye card with a bunny on it & I made little suitcases with little gifts in them for Antonia & Emilia! Making their gifts was a fun study break for me in the middle of my finals. I'll miss the girls' chaos, my favorites of my host mom's dinners, & their home! I seriously had the best host family ever. They were funny, warm, and comforting. 

The friends I made on this trip are each so different & I'll really miss the energy they have everyday. We celebrated Perri's 21st birthday at our go-to bar & played darts (which I'm soooo bad at). I feel like it was a good way to end our trip because we spent the night celebrating & playing "hot seat". 

The flight wasn't too bad. I watched the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on the plane, napped, read two books, & listened to music. It was so nice to finally hug my mom again & eat Tex-Mex! I felt tired the first few days back, but the jet lag wasn't as bad as going to Germany. Now, I'm just waiting for graduation :)))

Dr. Wasser was truly the best & made our trip so amazing. I'll miss Lakkita <3

No comments:

Post a Comment