Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Week 12

This week has to probably be one of the best weeks during my stay in Germany as my girlfriend was crossing the Atlantic to come see me. She came to Bonn on the Tuesday and I was so happy for finally getting to hug her. We went to Bornheim so that she could meet my host parents and then proceeded to have dinner with them afterwards. After this, we then went to Bonn to show her the city of Bonn and I showed her the Aib and even introduced her to Dr. Wasser and Lakka! We had some beers, well I did since she hates beer, and she had some wine. The week passed by and I wanted each day to last longer so I could spend more time with her. As we had Friday off, we headed to our planned destinations for easter weekend, Munich and Berlin. We started our journey in the Barvarian capital, where we got to see beautiful architecture from medieval architecture and learned more about the city's history by visiting the Residenz museum. We also visited the Olympic park, the BMW museum, and where in the city's center where the cathedral was at. After this unique time in Munich, we went ahead an took an overnight train to Berlin. We slept a total of 9 hours in that train as the ride lasted 10 hours. As we arrived Berlin, we headed over to Germany's political core, the Bundestag building. After this, we headed to the Brandenburger Tor and took some cool photos. We then explored as much as we could of the city of Berlin and its beautiful sites. After Berlin,we headed back to Bonn, where we spent our last days together relaxing on bed. It was an amazing week, the best week of this program for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment