Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Farewell/Reflection

From waking up at 4:45 am in Germany on Tuesday morning to the point at which my head hit the pillow in Gunter at around 9 pm local time, I was awake for almost 24 hours straight, excluding a 2 hour nap on the plane. This offered a lot of time for myself to ponder upon my four months in Europe and the lessons I learned along the way. As my plane hovered above beautiful Greenland and Newfoundland, I jotted down some thoughts in my journal that I hold about this season of life:

"I can say with confidence,..., these four months were incredibly successful. It's crazy to look back at that day that I was studying in Zach at the onset of my Fall '22 semester and came across Dr. Wasser's email encouraging us to apply. This trip was a leap of faith, a prayer that God wholeheartedly answered. My biggest fear before this trip was my separation from community- God provided more in this regard than I ever could have dreamed of. ...I've learned so much from these incredible [friends on this trip], people who I cannot wait to continue [my] friendship with back in College Station..."

As I've been back for a week now and have seen so many of my closest friends and family since I've been back, a statement that I routinely use to highlight the goodness of this trip is this: "This trip was powerful and colored with memories, not just because of the places I was, but because of the people that I was able to spend those moments with." I will always be thankful for my time in Europe, and will always share of the joys of this season. Until next time- Tschuss!

Farewell


Colby Wilkens

05/09/23

No comments:

Post a Comment