Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Week 12 (March 27-April 2)

France week.
It started off in Bonn. I rode my bike to school and tried riding the bus back, but I got kicked off. The next day, we headed over to Beaune (pronounced like Bonn). We got some burgundy wine and watched a rom-com at night. A quick stop to Colmar for the foldable painting, which was magnificent. We finally got to Paris late at night, and a few of us went to dinner near our place. This night, we watched About Time (Jack left mid-way because it was too cringe for him). Next stop, Paris. The Louvre was impressively massive. The Raft of Medusa was my favorite thing. Then, I got to see Musee D'Orsay, where I saw a lot of Monet and Van Gogh. At night, we decided to go to the Eiffel Tower. We got to see it sparkling and got to the second floor. The night view of Paris was breathtaking. We also got to see the Sacré-Cœur, which included a short hike. After Paris, we went to Lyon, which was a bit soured by Vic's phone getting stolen. Peri, Erin, and I decided to go hiking in the Black Forest through Freiburg, Germany. We took a short hike, and I fell in love with the greenery. After that, we had the best schnitzel ever. There was also a gluten-free option for Erin, which she enjoyed as well. After all that, we got some gelato and went back home to sleep. A highlight of my trip will definitely be the Black Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment