Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Week 11 (March 20 - 26)

Being back from spring break made me realize I sort of missed Germany. I missed having a bed to myself and having a good night's sleep. There was another strike on Tuesday, and this saw me taking my host family's bike to get to school on time. Unfortunately, I fell on the way to school. I didn't look at the impact until I got to school and realized I had a massive cut on my right elbow. I waited for Peri to get to school, so she could help me (she's a real one). We cleaned it up and bandaged it up. I went the whole day without feeling pain, but once I got home, I realized I could barely go up the stairs and sleeping was difficult because of the pain. I will have a scar to remember my time here in Germany. Another movie night where we didn't get to finish Moonlight due to some circumstances that we won't go into. We finally got to see Dr. Schnavel in Bonn!! The tour was nice and lunch was nice too. I appreciate everything that Dr. Wasser does for us. During the weekend, I invited a few of the guys to my host home, and we made tacos and had a great night. The guac was phenomenal. The beers were great, but the conversations were amazing. One of the most memorable nights that I have had. Jack's guac, Pat's tortillas, Peri's mojitos, Milo's cooking, and Colby's plate-washing skills (minus the sauerkraut) all came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment