Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Week 16- Finals Week & Pre-Departure

 After enmodes week, I was struggling to focus and retain as I prepared for finals on Sunday and Monday. I went into my Tuesday physiology test feeling drained, and I was pretty frustrated with myself as a result. Thankfully, I made it through the week and was able to refocus for the rest of my exams. Finals have developed into a massive mental roadblock for me throughout college, but thankfully it was a much smoother week this time around. I was able to spend much of my study time with friends, which was so sweet and productive. I remembered much more more German for my final than I thought I did. Thursday night, after math, we had our History of Medicine final, which was a fun time to come together as a class and celebrated all that we had learned. We had an excellent Greek dinner afterwards. Friday, we went to visit the Marksburg, the only castle that was not conquered and destroyed in the region. Saturday was spent in Köln, as I had lunch with friends and then spent the afternoon in a coffee shop working on my end of semester project for Diff Eq. Friday and Saturday as a whole offered a nice respite and a time to reflect as we prepared to return to the states. I studied on Sunday for my last final, Diff Eq, as Amanda & I grinded to figure out our new content for the exam. Monday morning's exam was pretty tough, but I was able to finish. With that, sophomore year was a wrap- a challenging year that proved to be very fruitful in the end, even if it didn't seem to be drifting that way at times. For our farewell event, we once again visited the Drachenfels and had a nice lunch on the hill. We were even able to explore the castle this time around. This week was a great way to end the trip on a high.

The Drachenfels once again did not disappoint

Colby Wilkens

05/09/23

No comments:

Post a Comment