Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Week 14- Remagen, Bingen, & Andernach

After returning from England, my travels outside of Germany were concluded for the trip. School and the enmodes project were to become my main focus over the last couple of weeks, but there were still some fun excursions to come. On Thursday, we took a day trip to Remagen, where we saw the remnants of the town's former bridge, destroyed in the Battle of Remagen at the end of World War II. The museum at the site was very informative, and I even had an awesome bowl of Lasagna for lunch. We also finally went to the Lego Store in Bonn. The next day, we visited two more cities along the Rhine, Bingen and Andernach. Bingen was the home of Hildegard, one of the most important figures for the history of medicine in Germany, among her many accomplishments. Andernach had another museum that highlighted many of the key points that Dr. Wasser has taught us about throughout the semester. After these two short day trips, I stayed in Bonn over the weekend to study and work on my Solidworks model for my group's enmodes project. I ran a half marathon Saturday night.

The Remnants of the Ludendorff Bridge in Remagen


Colby Wilkens

05/09/23

No comments:

Post a Comment