Sunday, April 7, 2019

Week 12: Big Event and the Marathon of Death

          We had some great times this week. The Big Event/Charity Day was such a cool experience and I'm sure the people at the old folks home loved that we came and cleaned up their garden for them. We ever got a little dog buddy named Nero to keep us company at the Charity Day while we were gardening for them. They made us BBQ for lunch as a little thank you for helping them and then we got back to work, cleaning up the rest of what we had been doing. 

          Once we got back from the Charity Day, we went over to the Cherry Blossom street in Altstadt to see all of the blooming cherry trees. It was such a beautiful sight to see, even if the colors are a little more dull then a normal person would see since I can't see pinks all that well. Madi and Ana were taking some senior pictures there so it took us a while through the whole thing but I didn't mind walking around for a little bit. 


          The next day we had the Bonn Marathon... I woke up late and I was really contemplating not going since I had had little to no training for this half marathon but I decided to go anyway. I got there with plenty of time to get into one of the waves that was waiting to start the race. We didn't start until aboout 45 minutes past the time that it said it would start... The run was actually really easy and fun for the first 9 miles or so. After that, me feet and knees really started to hurt and I was not making great time... I still finished in under 2:30 so I was really proud of myself. I thought that I would have been able to make it in under 2 hours but that was never gonna happen unless I actually trained for this thing... After I finished the race, I ran into a few of the others and we went over to the Hofgarten where they had snacks and drinks for after the race. I had at least half a dozen of the little cinnamon sugar donut balls along with some meatballs and some alcohol free beer (not the greatest). I then went back to the the AIB to get my stuff and then limped back to my house to shower and take a nap for the rest of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment