Sunday, April 7, 2019

Once an Aggie, always an Aggie

One of my favorite traditions is Big Event. I've participated every year I've been at A&M and was sad to think I wouldn't be able to this year. Thankfully AIB help their own charity weekend! It was after the week we went to Paris and consisted of a community help day and a marathon to raise money. I was signed up for the marathon but hurt my knee right after spring break so I dropped. I felt bad for letting my relay team down but they did amazing anyways.

During the school week after Paris, it was hard to get back in the swing of things. We also had three labs this week to catch up on material. It was rough but also kind of fun. The labs can be fun when taking measurements using us as subjects. Other than that we only had a few lectures.

On saturday, Reagan and I, because Katarina and Anna were sick, went to represent A&M at our work site. We worked with a lot of LMU theater kids and although it was different and kind of a lot to handle, I made some friends. We enjoyed a good lunch provided to us by the people we worked for. The project was for a gardening club that started during the war to help the community reconnect with nature. Now, it's mainly used to help kids work with their hands as well as work in nature. Theo owner asked us to build a planter bed that was moveable as well as paint benches and tables. Reagan and I worked on the planter. It was hard work and took a while to fully get going. It was nerve wracking too because the lady said children made the last one that looked really good so she expected the same of us. Well, it did not turn out so pretty. The biggest challenge we faced was the materials. But we worked together and created something! I love big event and was so happy to be able to have a piece of home in Germany. Working together, helping the community, and overcoming challenges is what big event and charity work is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment