Sunday, April 28, 2019

Berlin and Bingen and Andernach (4/22)

So right after enmodes was over my boys Sid and Ryan B. and I got an early flight to Berlin. We were part of a larger group of about 10 people who were gonna stay in Berlin. We were the first ones to get there. Berlin was amazing. Mats had told me that he doesn’t like Berlin, but being in Berlin I actually loved it. I think most of that had to do with how comfortable I was being there. The fact that it’s still in Germany was comforting. I feel like I have a new home in Germany, and traveling around here is easy and fun for me. In berlin we saw every single sight there was to be seen. One night we went ballroom dancing! I wanted to dance, but I was terribly nervous. I told the group that I was going to use the restroom, and when I got up Lindsay dragged me out to the dance floor. I was shaken up because I have only danced alone in my room before. Well we started dancing and she seemed to be impressed with the dance moves I was making up. I had no clue what to do, and was really just stepping in beat while moving my hips around. It turned out to be lots of fun, and I wanted to keep doing more partner dancing but it turned into just individual or group dancing. The history in Berlin was amazing. I got a new appreciation for life in Berlin back when it was divided. The wall was interesting to me. I saw all the hatred for it, but yet they managed to embrace what happened and leave some parts of the wall. As a testimony to what they went through. I also saw some street art on the wall that had something to do with no longer building walls. It related to the issues happening in America right now, with Trump building the wall. And I saw how people here don’t agree with that either. It made me feel more appreciated as a Hispanic person. More appreciated than I do in places like College Station. We visited many museums. We spent a whole day just in the museums in Berlin. Berlin was so good to me. It was very stress free, and I felt like I was fully able to enjoy myself.

Later in the week we went to Bingen and Andernach. Bingen was very nice and the museum with Hildegard was very cool. She was a very strong and confident woman. A true inspiration for anyone. Whilst in Bingen I had a conversation with a local about guns. He said that he is a gun owner and still thinks the idea of having people carry guns in public is absolutely absurd. I thought that was nice to hear, because most gun owners I speak to are very ignorant to not allowing people carry guns in public. Andernach was alright, the museum was nice but I already knew most of what was told to us. It was still nice to see the instruments that were used in older times.

No comments:

Post a Comment