Monday, April 8, 2019

Charity weekend!


The week started off with a group of us getting back from Paris on the overnight bus we took. I got back around 6:30am and went straight to AIB to nap for a bit before my lab at 10:15, for the first time in the semester the BIMS students started class before the engineers which is just funny that it landed on the day after the overnight bus. Thankfully I survived that Tuesday and the rest of the week went pretty smoothly. The biggest thing we were working on was Enmodes, because we were going to be traveling to Aachen to give our initial presentations to them. At this point I was starting to have a hard time with the enmodes project and felt that it was going to be a challenge for me to get through it the rest of the semester. The biggest reason for this was the nature of the problem my group was working on. It was very engineering based and a lot of the literature I read on Pubmed went over my head. But I knew that the only way to get through it was just to keep preserving and most importantly to ask for help when I needed it. 

On Saturday we had our charity day. I was assigned to go to a nursing home and do gardening. I didn’t get to interact very much with the residents (which is what I thought I would be doing), but it was surprisingly enjoyable. Gardening is very soothing. It was a great way to take some time from the busy week I had had to reflect on how far I had come in the semester. The end is near and I want to make sure that I am continuing to enjoy myself and be present to the people around me. Overall, the day was a success! After the charity day, Sebastian, Madyson, and I went to Altstadt where the cherry blossoms had bloomed to take pictures. The cherry blossoms were absolutely incredible, there were so many people walking around and looking at them too! I had seen pictures of Bonn online before I came, and so many of them were pictures of the cherry blossoms. The funny thing is that they only bloom for 2-3 weeks of the year and the time can change depending on the weather. Once it rains hard enough the fall off. This was such a good reminder to enjoy things while you can, because they won’t last forever! 





No comments:

Post a Comment