Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Bench, Cherry blossoms, and the Marathon

This week was a good ease back into the remainder of the semester. Although there was some homework due, I didn't feel too stressed about schoolwork at all. The weekend, on the other hand, was fun but tiring.

On Saturday AIB had Charity Day, where we divided into teams and went out into the community to do service, like Big Event in College Station. I went to a garden by a retirement home in Pennefeld, and helped with getting their benches outside, and we mixed and poured concrete for a new bench. Our hosts there fed us a big lunch, and it was nice to hang out with some Germans. After this, I went to go check out the cherry blossom trees in the city center of Bonn. It was very odd seeing tons of tourists in Bonn, as it's usually a really sleepy town. The trees were quite pretty, although I don't think that I would have traveled to see them.

Sunday was game day. The city was taken over for the Bonn Marathon, which I'd signed up for on a whim. I was scheduled to run 7 miles as part of a marathon relay, and I'm happy to say that I was able to finish. I was really proud that I did my leg in 1 hour and 5 minutes, which is under ten minutes per mile! Although near the end my legs were really starting to hurt, I managed to make it through the whole thing without walking too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment