Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Are we still on vacation?

Its the week after spring break and surprisingly I am not as stressed as other weeks. I had a 211 hw assignment I was supposed to have been doing over the break but I obviously left it for the night before. Dr. Wasser was sick, so we had to cancel a couple of the classes giving us a little time to recover from vacation. The enmodes project is creeping up on us and I am a little worried that we are not as prepared as we should be but I think that if we put in the work we should be okay.

After my brother went to Oxford to visit a friend he decided to come to Bonn and stay for an extra week to keep exploring Europe. Since I had classes, he was stuck touring the city by himself, but I was able to recommend a couple places he should visit. On Wednesday after class, I took him to Cologne and we went up the Dom (unbeknownst to us, you have to physically climb up all 500+ steps to get to the top), then we went to the chocolate museum because I had not been there yet and I love chocolate. For the rest of the day we got dinner and went to a couple bars to chill and talk then came back to Bonn. Even though Bonn and Cologne can be fun, we decided to use the weekend to go to Belgium and visit Brussels and Bruges. Brussels was very pretty and a lot of fun, but I absolutely fell in love with Bruges. It was a super small town but it was gorgeous and so full of history. It is one of those places where getting lost is the best you can do to really appreciate and see everything, and since it is so small and its just a circle, you will always find your way back if you walk for long enough. I ate a lot of unbelievable delicious chocolate, waffles and fries, so you could say I got the true Belgium experience. On the bus back on Sunday, my brother got dropped off at the Cologne airport because his flight left early Monday. I was really happy that someone in my family was able to come to Europe and spend a week and a half with me.

Next week we are going to France and I have never been so excited. Cannot wait for what that country has to offer.




No comments:

Post a Comment