Friday, April 12, 2019

Spring Break in Greece

I had missed and longed for sunshine to smother my skin and I hoped that spring break would give me that pleasure. However, spring break wasn’t as warm as I had planned. For the first two days in Athens Greece, I was able to go outside without any jacket. And on the second day I was able to wear a tank top. When my friends and I took a ferry to Paros the weather was absolutely terrible. It was cold and rainy. I actually needed rain boots and a rain jacket; both of which I did not bring. My cheap gray DM umbrella was the only thing protecting me from the rain. When we arrived in Naxos the weather was slightly less rainy. On the day with some spotty sunshine, we decided we would head over to the most beautiful beach in all of Greece. This beach was absolutely stunning and slightly cold. We would patiently wait for any spot of sunshine to take warm looking photos of all of us in our swimsuits. When these photos were posted everyone thought we were actually in a warm place, little did they know it was actually pretty cold. However, when I travelled back to Bonn the weather was absolutely freezing cold. Never in my life was I ever so thankful for slightly warm weather with semi sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment