Sunday, April 28, 2019

Research and Studying

After the Bonn marathon weekend, we had another busy week of classes. Alot of our time was spent on the research project, as we only had a week and a half until the final presentation. We met nearly every day. Tuesday, we traveled to Aachen to consult with some of the Enmodes staff on our projects. After we presented our progress, the engineers asked questions and gave feedback to each of the groups to help direct our final changes and research. It was a tiring day, but very helpful to get their feedback. My group was especially encouraged when they told us that much of the material we were researching was related to alot of questions that they were trying to answer themselves. Most of the class days were long, but we were enjoying good weather in Bonn, so Ana and I would often play volleyball during lunch or between classes. It was also during this week that I ran for, and was elected, president of TAMU Men's Club Volleyball. I love volleyball and my team, so I was excited to run, even from Germany, and even more ecstatic to win. Also between the very busy class schedule, I was trying to get as much online paperwork and orientation modules for my summer internship completed. That Thursday, I interviewed for a job as a peer mentor this next year for freshmen at TAMU, and shortly after learned that I had received the position (which added to my online paperwork to complete). Overall, it was a rewarding but exhausting week, so Friday night some of us went out for the evening. Saturday, I decided I wanted to experience some of the local culture, so I went to an opera with Madyson and Ana. It was an interesting experience, and while I am glad we went, I probably would not pay to do it again. Other than the opera, I spent the weekend studying and catching up on schoolwork and research. By the end of Sunday, I was feeling ready for another busy week.


The Bonn Cherry Blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment