Thursday, April 11, 2019

21km and I still alive

This week, the academic was normal for me. There is nothing much for me, I went to classes as usual. There was not much for me to do since I already turned in my math homework on time. I am glad that I did the homework while I was on the trip to Paris since I don't have to suffer like everybody else after we returned. We were expected to have a math test on Thursday, but then it got move since most of the students haven't finished the homework yet. Besides that, there was not any big event in our academic life.
Back to normal life, we got to do the volunteer on Saturday for the Big Event we had back to the campus in the US, it was pretty fun. We got divided into a different group with a different assignment. For me, I got to be in a group with Sid, Melania, Andriana, Park, and Marcus. What we had to do was go to the kindergarten playground, removed the sand and about 3-5 inches. Then replaced that old sand with the new one. We thought it was easy at first, but when we actually put our hand into it, it was so much force need to put on to. We got a break for about an hour and a half or so. We got feed by the teacher over there. The food was really good for me, I love the meatball and the cake with almond. I would like to study there, be a little kid again just because of the food. After refill our stomach, we went back to finished what we left. With all of the help of other people around, we got the work done around 3 pm. So overall, it took us around 4-5 hours to remove and replace the ground. It was tired, my arm was hurt, everybody was sweating but in the end it all worth it. We helped people with something we can.
On Sunday I had a half marathon to do early, even tho I want to sleep in more since yesterday was so tired. But oh well, work hard play hard, there was no way to turning back now. I already paid the fee and there was no one will replace me for the marathon, so I just do it. Be at the AIB at 8am, warm up a little bit, getting ready with the number and shirt, I am good to go. At first, I ran kind of fast, my legs were light so I just the people, I know I shouldn't go that fast but I can't help it. Then slowly, I began to go slower, since the muscle in the legs were sketched and I felt the heaviness that being put on my legs (my body). But I keep continues running until I got 2/3 of the way, my legs can't handle it anymore. It hurt so bad that I couldn't bend my leg while I am running, so I ended up walking for about 15-20 minutes to relax the muscle in my legs. When there was about 1 mile left until the finish line, I began to run again. The leg still hurt, but I am still able to run slowly. In the end, I finally finished 21 km without any training at all. My legs hurt, but the achievement over myself is greater than my pain. I did it. Then I went to the food court, eat as much as I can even though I already felt full since the food was so good. After the race, I was still missing the food. German good is not some kind of jokes yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment