Thursday, April 11, 2019

Paris part 2, fun but not romantic

Yeah, I went back to Paris after a week, not because I missed Paris that much, it is the program. I enjoyed the weather of France this time, nice sun and not really cold. We revisited most of the main sites that I have been there last time. Except for the part that we explored more cities this time. Colmar, a small city with a clear river running through the middle city. The great part of this city beside nature is the Isenheim Altarpiece by Nicolaus. The painting leaves a strong religious impression for me as a Catholic. We spent our lunch in the city and paid a visit to the museum for the painting. Then we moved on for our next stop. 
We arrived at Beaune in the evening. Dropped off our luggage at the hotel. The room is pretty big for three people, so far it is the biggest room I have seen so far in Europe. I would say the hotel is perfect for me except the water in the bathtub did not drain which Lindsay had to take a shower in another room. But overall, it is a fine hotel. Back to our journey, me and Park we went to get some Tacos in the middle of France. I know it weird to do that, but with the previous experience, traditional French food is really expensive, so would rather save that money. I got back to the hotel early since I have math homework to do. The next day, we went to Hotel-Dieu Museum. This was like another impression hit me. I wouldn't think this type of hospital can be exited. Nicolaus is really something else. I like the concept of the Hotel-Dieu over here, on the one hand, you help cure the people but on the other hand, you also help the poor out. It wouldn't hurt you to give a hand to help people. And this still exists today. Which is really cool. After this visit, I learned a lot about Nicolaus and understand about him more. 
After the visit, we hopped on the bus and head to Paris, the part of that everybody waiting for. The first thing I got to say is the hotel is so small. Compared to what we had at Beaune, this is like an Aribnb, where you only a full-size bed and a bathroom and that is all. But oh well, as long as I have a place to sleep, I am good. We dropped our luggage and then head to the city, visit the cathedral and head to the Crepe restaurant. I never had a crepe for my dinner before and this is strange. It actually turned out pretty good. I like it. After dinner, I headed to the hotel early again to finished my stupid math homework. 
The next day, we went to see the Palace of Versailles. Inside the palace looks pretty nice except the people. It is too crowded for me, so I ended up skimming through the rooms really fast and headed outside. The garden is fantastic, I sat there for almost two hours, looking at people and watch a movie. There was something inside me that made me feel really sad to return to Paris while everybody is really like it. I guessed it is because my boyfriend wasn't there with me anymore. So I spent almost half of my day by myself. When everybody has done with their own tour and gathering at the point that we were agreed to meet. we began to head to our picnic site that also inside the garden.  During this activity, my stomach was filled up with carbonate from bread. we had the cheese taste and ham with a little bit of wine. It was fun we sat down together, eating and talking. After finished we had a little section of Chi Gong and Tai Chi, then we do an Aggie Yell since it was a pull-out day. We are the loudest and proudest Aggies, you know. Then we went back, I can't remember exactly what I did in the evening, I just remember that I went back to the hotel early. Yeah, I know, I just want to go back to the hotel early and rest. Then at night, we had a fancy dinner together, the food was super good. We had a lot of fun at the dinner table that night. After getting full, we went to Effie Tower. I didn't go up last time with my boyfriend, but this time I did with my peers instead of my love, sadly. After I got up there, I am glad that we didn't go up last time, there is nothing special at all, I guess because I went at night, but still, I don't feel like I enjoy it. But trust me, it is better if you stay at the ground level and have a look at the Effie Tower at night, it is way more better. 
The next day, we went around Paris more and went to the Louvre Museum, the home of art I would say. After the tour inside we went around more until 4:30ish, we were released and have a tour of food and bar by ourself. For me and Park, my travel buddy, we went to get some Vietnamese food. I would say, the Vietnamese food is sehr gut, especially, the Vietnamese sandwich.  We were fed well and were full, then again we headed back to the hotel early to rest. 
Then the traveling by yourself has arrived, as planned, me and Park, we get up early, had breakfast and headed to Brussels. Yeah, I did it again, visit the country that I already been there. I like said, I don't like Brussel that much so I don't have much to say about Brussel. We did one hilarious thing is that we blend with the crowd that we saw in front of a hotel that we didn't know and prevent we were one of them. We asked people around why they were standing there, and they said there was a famous Italian singer lived in that hotel and about to get out. We asked for the name and Parked started searching and listened to his music and stand there pretending like he is his fan and he knows that person. Anyway, I found it was a fun thing to do so we stand there like a fan of his. One day and one night at Brussel are enough for me and Park so the next day we headed to Luxembourg. Luxembourg was so peaceful. The food is also good, we got some tradition soup for lunch and then walking around with our luggage. I like Luxembourg even tho I sit for most of the time watching the luggage and Harry Potter. If I ever have to pick a place to live beside my home and Bonn, I would Luxembourg is my next choice. Anyways, back to the journey, in the evening we have to get dinner early since our train will leave at 7. We went to the supermarket and brought the whole cooked chicken and went to Five Guys, brought some fries there and had dinner. It was the cheapest meal so far ever since we left for Paris. Then we hopped on the bus and headed back to Bonn that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment