Sunday, April 14, 2019

Pre-Paris Post-Paros


Week 10 – Between Breaks

               The week after Spring Break was mostly uneventful- although I had a surge of optimism and curiosity. I began listening to at least one podcast every day- on my way to school on the bus, on my walk to lunch, on my way home. I started wanting to teach myself something every day. I tried to French braid my own hair for the first time. The next day, I taught myself a song on the piano for the first time. The next day, I learned to count to ten in Polish.

               I stayed in AIB for hours on end that week, doing homework and studying in preparation for the procrastination I’d be doing in Paris. I also started going to the Bonn University library, since it’s very difficult for me to focus around others in AIB. It helped tremendously to be in silence and not with anyone I knew. I truly believe I have an attention deficit disorder in some form or fashion.
The view from the University Library

               The whole week was spent studying, finishing homework, and working on my essay for my Italian Renaissance class. The weekend was entirely at AIB, as well. The only time I took a little time for myself was Saturday, when Ryan F and I went to Kinopolis to see Captain Marvel. I must say- not my favorite marvel movie, nor my favorite hero. But it was the first time I’d watched a movie at all this semester, which I was happy to have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment