Monday, April 2, 2018

Part 9


This was the most anticipated week thus far because I couldn’t wait to go to Paris again and right after marked spring break. We essentially have a 2 week vacation which is much needed. Three years ago I came to Paris with the university for spring break and I always said how I wanted to come back. Thankfully this program and Dr. Wasser made that possible. I’m a strong believer in the power of words. The more positive words and vibes you give off the more they will come back to you. Me having the opportunity to embrace Paris on more time is the example of that.

Even though most of the places we seen or visited I seen before, it was still a great trip. I always will enjoy the Louvre because every time you see something different. I didn’t see the original wall or fortress remains last time so that was a nice piece of history to know. Iove all the statues related to Greek mythology. My favorites were Venus de Milo, Cupid and the Wings of Victory. It’s always nice to see the Mona Lisa, but it’s definitely not a favorite.

I also enjoyed the History of Medicine museum that was inside the university. It was nice to know the history behind the famous Egyptian eye. Seeing some of the tools that were used back then made me really appreciate how far the field of medicine has come and still has yet to go. I’m not sure what exactly my purpose is yet but I definitely want to leave my stamp.

Lastly the picnic that we had at Versailles Palace was amazing. I loved the fact that Julian, Nick, Dr. Wasser, etc went out their way to create an experience for us. We could have just gotten ham and cheese sandwiches and called it a day, but they went over and beyond to end the day with a bang. I enjoyed the picnic more than the palace just because of all the thought and effort that went into it. That was something I won’t ever forget and will always treasure. After this trip I can say now that I have embraced the culture of France.

No comments:

Post a Comment