Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Marathon Madness


This was one eventful week! On Friday, I finally had my Enmodes presentation. The days leading up to it were full of hard work. Professor Wasser ran through our entire presentation until we got it just right, which meant staying at the AIB until 12 in the night. On the morning of the presentation, I grabbed my dress clothes. But to my shock, the dress shirt was at least 10 sizes too big. When in Amsterdam, I asked my brother to give me a dress shirt for the presentation. I should’ve known he would have pranked me this way. However, I was in crisis mode. I needed a shirt for my presentation. Thankfully, Joseph had an extra shirt, although it wasn’t what I would call formal. Anyways, I met up with the rest of the AIB crew and practiced my presentation. Finally, it was time to present to the Enmodes workers. I think my group did a really good job. We were able to properly discuss our solution for a minimally invasive surgical procedure.

The next day was International Big Event. My alarm didn’t go off, so I was late to the AIB. However, I was still able to find my Big Event group. We were going to a farm and helping with various tasks. First, there was a path that children use for a barefoot walk. We fixed the path with pieces of wood. Next, we filled in a tower with bamboo sticks that will be used to farm insects. Finally, I did some gardening, digging pits that would be used for plants. On Sunday, it was time for the marathon. I was really looking forward to this but also a little apprehensive. I did not know what to expect, as I was supposed to run 7 miles when I had never run 1. But I had nothing to worry about. With my song playlist, I got in the zone, completely focused on just moving forward. I was so focused that I actually missed the trade-off point for my relay team, disqualifying us. So while I was proud of myself for running 9 miles without ever stopping (other than when I drank water, since drinking while running was impossible), as a team player I proved to be quite terrible. Anyways, I had a lot of fun during my Charity Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment