Monday, April 30, 2018

The week I learned the virtue of patience

Four days of classes seemed like a lifetime with easter weekend and my moms visit approaching. After my experiences in the Uniklinik, I was seriously considering switching my major to BIMS. I wanted to refocus my education on my interests rather than job security. I started discussing this with my parents and looking into the coursework. I still had a lot of thinking to do but the more I looked into switching, the more it made sense for my situation.

Once the week was finally over, Madeline, Emily, Katie and I were ready for our next adventure. Katie was able to rent a car through her insurance company and we planned to drive to Copenhagen with a one night stop in Hamburg. She picked us up early Friday morning and we made our way to Hamburg. I had greatly missed road trips with friends since leaving the States so I was really excited for this trip. We listened to good music, sang along, talked, slept, ate junk food from gas stations and had the time of our lives. After about six hours of driving, we arrived in Hamburg. We walked around for a bit before settling into a brewery for dinner. This was probably the coolest Brewery I have been in. There was life size sculpture of a pink unicorn in the center of the dining area. Other art ornamented the room in a similar fashion. The food was just as tasteful as the decorations. After a wonderful meal and a full day of travel, we went back to the hotel.

Saturday we got up and left for Copenhagen. After a couple of hours we finally arrived. We checked into the hotel and decided to take a nap before going to dinner. After about two hours into our nap, Emily decided she really wanted to go sightseeing. We all woke up in a fit of panic and ran out the door to try to see some popular spots. By the time we got into town and parked, we were all starving. We stopped in a pub for dinner and live music. By the time the night ended, the only sightseeing we had done was from inside the pub. However, we promised to make it up the next day. We were up and out of bed by 8:00. We ran around Copenhagen visiting various churches, monuments, famous streets, and canals. Tired from a full day of tourism, we got back in the car to go to Bonn.

No comments:

Post a Comment