Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Cutting Flesh and Hair

Cutting Flesh and Hair

The week back from bliss now this week was going to be hard. But actually turned out to be one of the best weeks yet of school.

Monday: As we got back into the hustle and bustle all was not lost. We got into new revised enmodes groups, and my group is bomb. We are all organized and focused which is very important in a group of such a size.
Tuesday: We had to wake up at the crack of dawn so that we could be at Uniclinic on time. Back in the good ole days for Halloween I would dress up as Dr. Izzie Stevens from greys anatomy. So I am not a stranger to scrubs, but an operating room yes. I remember prepping for my first surgery like it was yesterday because it was. Even though I wasn’t the one operating, just watching caused my blood pressure to race my hands to get super clammy. Luckily I had IBK with me so that I didn’t freak out as much. As we watched to Operating room start to get serious, the lights dimmed, the doctors scrubbed in. I leaned over to IBk trying to guess what the surgery we were about to watch and lucky for us it was a prostate surgery. That surgery came and went and we lowered our expectations for the next surgery. Although, it was a GLORIUS kidney removal, and that was more the type of surgeries IBK and I had in mind. They let us remove some valves, hear the lungs slow down and so much more. It was at this moment that I knew I was exactly where I needed to be in life.
Wednesday: A day of well-deserved rest from the past week of hustle and bustle. There was a transportation strike so I rode my host families bike to school which was an absolute blast. As they say do as the Germans do. I did it with so much agility and spunk.
Thursday: Was just another normal School day but stressed with so much 211 homework.
Friday: Came and went… until the anesthesia museum. Then a night with the girls, making cookies and food. It was truly a treat to relax and enjoy what the week had to offer.
Saturday: Early Morning Train ride to TRIER. A small but darling city, actually where my host brother goes to school. It was a nice girls trip with Lexie, to a small town. We spent the day touring cathedrals, ancient ruins, and shopping. Bless the Adidas store they provided not only legging but the best most comfortable pair of running shoes.  This also was where Lexie and I decided to be spontaneous. We got haircuts, and let’s just say it didn’t look short but it felt short. Lexie’s cut might be crooked but it was worth it. You can’t always say you got your hair cut in Trier every day, Can you? We decided to keep our haircuts a secret to surprise the rest of our friends. (spoiler alert they didn’t even notice) We then took a night bus to Luxembourg a for nice Sunday.
Sunday: We rose with the birds and set out for a day of wandering. We searched for the most beautiful balcony in the world. Let me just say…. not as pretty as one would think. But we still made the best of it with 20 euro burgers, free museums, and ghost towns. We also came across the most beautiful and luxurious Old people home in the WORLD. NOW THAT lived up to the title. Move me back to Luxembourg when it’s my time please.
All to end our weekend with late night travels home!









Lessons Learned:
Look up reviews of the hair salon first.
People have bad memories
Girls Trips are the best Trips!!

XOXO,

Going German

No comments:

Post a Comment