Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ready for Adventure

As the departure day draws closer I've been thinking more and more on what I want to say on this first post. Obviously I expect that living in Germany for a couple months is going to be very different than my current life in Texas, but I don't believe it will be the most challenging thing I'll ever do. Don't get me wrong I'm incredibly nervous about going to a country where my mastery of the language is being able to count to twenty and asking where the bathroom is. Hopefully my host family will help me out with learning more of the basics. I'm also looking forward to making some German friends and getting to know my classmates more as we get into shenanigans across Europe! Being from Texas I bet its not a surprise when I say I haven't seen that much snow throughout my life, so I apologize upfront to everyone if I start freaking out at the first sight of snowflakes, hopefully I'll acclimate to this weather witchcraft quickly. There's so much I want to experience in German ranging from the beer and food to experiencing the European transportation and the rich culture that spans back centuries. I'm excited to expand not only my knowledge in the classrooms but also my knowledge of the world. I'm extremely stoked to set foot in Deutschland in just under two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment