Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One Week Down!

Since my arrival to Germany I have been completely in awe of how linguistically talented most people are here. I did not expect to find that nearly every person here can speak English if not more! Except of course for my host mom, who doesn't speak any English, but that in itself has turned out to be a really remarkable experience. Laura, Lauren, and I are forced to at least try to understand the language at dinner and breakfast time. (If I had the proper letters on my computer I would translate those!) Being completely immersed in the culture has really helped me to discover the differences and similarities that our country's have. I have also eaten a lot of food this past week, that I never in a million years thought I would ever consume. While some were a little iffy, almost every dinner has been absolutely delicious! Although it took a couple tries, I think I'm finally beginning to figure out how to navigate around Bonn, and I have definitely figured out the tram situation. It really isn't that bad afterall! The weather has been MUCH colder than I am used to, but I feel like I'm getting accustomed to it slowly but surely. Well, the group is off to Cologne in the morgen, time to hit the sack! Gute Nacht!

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment