Sunday, January 27, 2013

Family Time

Today was entirely dedicated to my host family over here. I woke up late, so I was not able to attend church with them, but when they came back I helped my host mom cook. I forgot the name of the dish but she told me it was a typical french plate and it was delicious! Melted cheese on potatoes with ham and bacon...mmmm what else can I say! After eating, I tried studying for a while, but my host brothers wanted to play outside. I had promised my youngest host sister I would play with her today so we went outside and built a snowman. This was my first snowman by the way and it was over here in Germany. How cool is that? But our fun did not end there. We finished by playing a combination of snowball fighting with soccer and I have to say my host sister surprised me with her skills. She has the skills! Around six, I went to church with my oldest host sister and when we came back, I had the best dinner ever: crepes with ham and with nutella or cajeta. I might end up having diabetes from all the crepes I ate but I do not care. It was the best dinner ever! To finish my family day strong, what better than to play a tickle war with my host brothers. This day was really special because it reminded me that whenever I go back home, I have my own family who I love and will enjoy every single moment I have with them. Can't wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment