Monday, January 14, 2013

Reflections before takeoff

This is it, my first plane leaves in 4 hours. In about 20 hours, I will  be on the other side of the world.
I just woke up today at 5:00 to try and offset some of the jet lag, and the result is that I'm just tired. But all in all, I should be ready. I took care of all my last-in-four-months: last hug I give to mom, last time I see my girlfriend, and last time I get to drink Dr. Pepper. I've been pretty relaxed over the break, I took care of most of my shopping at the beginning and end, and in between I played a lot of video games, not a lick of German practice. Which should be fine, I'll just look over my phrase book on the plane. I got to see my buddies for the last time in a semester at the bowl game- I'm in the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band, so all of them were there. I'm a little nervous about missing out on a semester in the Corps, but I'm not going for any major leadership positions, and quite frankly, this trip will be worth it! I've been abroad once before to Korea with the Corps, but that was only 10 days and we followed a program pretty much the whole time. Now I get to really learn what it's like to live in a foreign land. From the emails my host family seems awesome, and I'm looking forward to meeting the other student staying with us too. This will be a great adventure!

Oh yeah, and the whole time there's that 14 hours I'm taking that count toward my degree. That's pretty important. But coming out of a semester where I was taking 17 hours, and the Corps, and marching season, and student engineering council, and pre-dental society... This should be a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment