Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I’m set to take off here in a couple of hours from Dallas. Not looking forward to the almost 10 hour flight or jet lag. This will be my first time to fly and I’m a little nervous but fairly confident that it will be no problem for me. It has not hit me yet this whole experience but I am super excited. I think that once i get settled in on the plane that it will finally start to hit me. It’s hard to believe I will not be seeing my family and friends for four months. Going to miss them.
My break went by really fast and was super busy with a family vacation to New Mexico and fracturing my wrist the first day there. Luckily for me I did not have to buy but a couple of things to prepare for the weather and rain ahead in Bonn, Germany, thanks to my hunting clothes. I’m excited to get to Bonn and know the time there is going to fly bye. I plan on getting out and trying to do as much and see as much as I can. I have never been across seas and everything will be a whole new experience for me and I’m looking forward to it. I would be lying to you if I told you I was not a little nervous but the excitement overshadows that for the most part. I can’t wait to meet my host family but I am also a little nervous about the food in Germany. I am a very picky eater and my mom’s even worried about it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment