Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week One: Complete!

Well, I have survived my first full week in Bonn, Germany. It isn't exactly what I expected, but better than I could have dreamed. I enjoy my host family (minus one chastise I received about energy/ environmental conservation) and the town is beautiful. I actually am getting a quick fresher upper on my Spanish because my host family is Columbian; and I am learning German as fast as I can pick it up. I enjoy the company of all the students and even the professors who sometimes join us on tours. We have a great group, and I feel like that can really make or break the experience. I started to have a bout with culture shock, but promptly found a 0,99 Euro Apple Strudel that was so good I though I was in heaven.  Beyond that, I am just looking forward to all the opportunities and activities this semester holds for me (including watching a live surgery, traveling to Paris for the weekend, and the Karneval festival-- all approaching in the next two weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment