Thursday, January 3, 2013

What did I do?!

It is one of those moments in my life where I tell myself "What the heck did I get myself into?" But never once have I regretted the risky choices that I have made. Ever (it's my nerves). This isn't my first time I have traveled abroad (I traveled to New Zealand a couple of years ago) so the nervousness on what to expect is nothing new. I cannot say that I am not nervous because I am nervous. I am nervous about the differences in the culture and Germany itself; the new way of life. 
I guess you can say the risks I take are the small adventures of my life that make me unique. I find myself to be easily adaptable in almost any situation; the eye of a raging hurricane only to find myself still that red flower in a sea of white. So, my voyage to Germany is part of a life long journey to hopefully end up in a place where I can peacefully be me; where my strange oddities are embraced without the feeling of being estranged by my peers. 
I feel that our disappointments in life come from our expectations of a specific end result. But having no expectations leads to no disappointments but rather results in gaining all of the benefits of the situation. With that said, I do not expect anything of what my trip will be like. Rather I go to my adventure with an open blank mind only to learn all that I can learn; to observe everything without clouded judgement. No scratch that, I do have one expectation, I expect an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment