Wednesday, January 23, 2013

German, a really cool place!

After spending a week here in Germany I can truly say I'm loving this experience. I'm glad I tried to learn a few essential phrases and basic pronunciation of German words before I left home, its been so helpful.

 By living in this interesting town I've realized that the public transportation system is a pretty freaking awesome way to get around. Not once have I thought "gee a car would be really great right now!", even if I did have one I'd probably end up crashing the car in under a block from my host house anyways.

Also when I say Germany is a really cool place I mean literally, its pretty dang cold here in the winter. Since snow is a rare commodity in the southern Texas area I've very rarely ever been exposed to long periods of sub-zero temperature. This weather was pretty neat the first few days but now I've come to realize its a little depressing and you just need to get used to it and try to get to your destination as quick as possible. I kinda want the 70 degree Fahrenheit Texas winter back.

No comments:

Post a Comment