Sunday, January 6, 2013

Let's Go!

Everytime a representative would come and promote studying abroad during classes, I would always tune them out and dismiss whatever they had to say. The thought of leaving cozy College Station and living in a foreign country for a few weeks, better yet, an entire semester was ridiculous! Why would anyone want to do that?! But for some reason, the presentation for the Bioscience Program was different...and now with only about one week left until my first flight takes off, to say I'm stoked would be an understatement! I still cannot believe I will be living with a complete stranger for four months in a country miles away from home, but I have also never been more excited for anything in my life! Since the day I first announced I would be traveling abroad, I have received endless amounts of support from friends and family and could not be more ready to begin this adventure. I cannot wait to experience the new culture and meet people with such a different background than what I (we) are used to. I think it's going to be an amazing opportunity to learn and grow and am so glad I decided to study abroad. Aside from my overwhelming excitement, I do have some anxiety about the "logistics" of the trip, such as the flight (haven't flown in 12 years), living arrangments, weather (what's snow?), language barrier (Hallo!-that's all I got), etc. It's just a lot of drastic changes at one time. But change is good and I know everything will work itself out! From the information we've been given so far and the research I've done, everything sounds like it's going to be a blast and I wish it was January 14th already!

No comments:

Post a Comment