Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sprechen the Deutsch?!


I've been so caught up in all of the activities so far and it's finally time for my second blog.
So Germany thus far has been amazing (besides the fact that I hurt my knee for a good 6 days the second day we were here). There was so much snow when we got here and I'm definitely not used to that.
My host family is awesome and we have the sweetest home set up ever! Me and my roommate Jordan have a separate apartment that is attached to our family's house. It's equipped with it's own little kitchen, bathroom, and lofted bedrooms.
So far school has been good and I love all the people at AIB. They have been so great with helping me around due to my injured knee. But thank goodness it's better now!
The reason for my hurt knee was because me, Jordan, Paco and Kristen went sledding last Thursday and I stepped wrong or something because it was really painful a couple hours later. But I got an MRI a few days ago and there were no tears!
So far I've gotten to meet the mayor of Bonn, I've been to Cologne 3 times, enjoyed some minimal house music at a club, had snowball fights, and limped all around the streets of Bonn. This past Sunday I went to the beautiful Ahrtal vineyards that are about an hour and a half from Bonn. The wine tasting and dinner we had there was great but unfortunately I had to skip the uphill part of the tour. So instead I chilled with Justin in a nearby cafe and enjoyed a good German Kolsch with some tea.
My favorite day so far has been going to Ko:ln Cathedral and getting to see the city from on top of the 157 meter structure! It was so breathtaking but the elevator to the top was definitely a little sketchy.
Nevertheless we all got some really good pictures and also indulged in some shopping. So far today it's been a pretty lazy Sunday but me and a few others booked a trip to the Netherlands next weekend! I can't wait!
Anyways, that's all for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment