Saturday, January 5, 2013

Almost there

A year ago, I had a friend leave to Switzerland not before telling me I should also risk leaving the country to look for new adventures. My response? Haha I would never do such a thing! Well, while I am still trying to figure out what I got myself into, I look back to that answer and think you never know exactly what destiny has prepared for you. Even though you might say something, you might end up doing the opposite. I admit I did not want to take this risk at first (I did not even apply until late November), and most likely would not have if I was not a TA, but what might be waiting for me over in Germany is really tempting. In the education aspect, not only am I expecting to help other students learn as a TA, but I am also expecting to learn from them. Not only am I expecting to learn many new things from my research, but I am expecting to meet many new places and professionals as I do so. Personally, the best adventures will be traveling around Europe and learning from different cultures. I am nervous, indeed, especially since I know absolutely nothing of German and I do not know my host family, but I will not make the same mistake as with my response to my friend. I will not allow this fear make me believe this journey is something I do not want. Rather, I will leave open minded to new experiences and expect only for the best. As I wrap up, the only thing that is in my mind is "Germany, you better be ready for me!".

No comments:

Post a Comment