Monday, December 31, 2012

Two weeks and counting


As the time to leave nears, I am a little nervous. Four months is a long time to be in a different country. I think that some of my nervousness is excitement about the prospect of learning about a new culture. I believe that when a person grows there is often times a feeling of discomfort or anxiety associated with it, but I am looking forward to this growth opportunity. The language will be different, the food will be different, but will the people be different? I've always thought that people across the world are basically the same, and this will be the first opportunity that I have to find out first hand. I think it will be exciting to "learn" a new language, experience new foods, but most of all learn about the people that live there. I am very interested to see the landscape, the variety of plants, and the architecture, but I am most interested in seeing the things that are the same.  I am certain that when I arrive my anxieties will disappear and my expectations will be exceeded, and I cannot wait to see what the semester has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment