Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Let It Begin

We'll be taking off in about 4 weeks now, and I'm so pumped! I honestly don't know what to expect when we get there at all. I can't wait to meet my host family and get to know them. I also can't wait to try all the delicious new food! I don't have any expectations going in; I'm just free lancing it and ready for a great time. The culture in Germany will undoubtedly be different than our sheltered bubble in College Station, but enjoyment comes from trying different things. The one thing I am worried about, however, is the language barrier. Germany is a very well developed country and most germans do speak english; however, I wish to not look like we don't know any German or any German culture. But to tell the truth, I don't know any German or any German culture. The Germans will be more than happy to teach us I'm sure. Bonn looks like a beautiful city via Google images, but I am ready for the real thing. I also hope it snows a solid amount while we are there! Although, maybe it could just snow when we want it to and then we can tell the weather to warm up and get back to our Texas comfort. Besides the language difference, my only other main concern is the weather. Even though I don't even know what's going to hit us weather-wise while we're over there, I know we will not be ready for whatever it has in store for us. I have most definitely never experienced anything like a German winter before. For the most part, however, I am extremely excited and ready to touch our wheels down in Bonn! I'm so pumped for this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment