Thursday, December 27, 2012

Here we go

I honestly don't know what to expect. I know that I love Europe (this will be my fifth time there), but I have never stayed for longer than about two weeks. I am excited for the opportunity to learn in such a hands-on way, while also being given the opportunity to explore much of Western Europe on my own time. I am a self-diagnosed sufferer of the famous "Wonderlust." I have an innate need to see the entire world and experience everything it has to offer me, so I am more than excited about this opportunity. I have been introduced to Bavarian culture, being from a small German town in South Texas, as well as traveling Bavaria, but I have never met a Northern German. I am interested to learn the differences as well as similarities. While talking to a foreign exchange student from France this week at my work I asked her, "what is the biggest difference between Europe and here?" Her reply was simple: "everything here is so big, while everything back home is so small." This intrigued me. I was hoping she wasn't talking about our waistbands considering we are the fattest country in the world. I am also interested in how this trip will change me, I hope it will really bring into perspective the bigger things in life. I want to help people; I want to travel; I want to help people while I travel. I hope this is just my first shot at learning the many cultures of the world.

P.S. sorry for being so sappy... I'm usually not this bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment