Thursday, January 31, 2019

Week 2-Birkenstocks fun

Our second week of the program went faster than the first, which I did not think was possible. It has been a whirlwind of a week, but I have loved every second of it! This past week I found a great coffee shop to study in and got Birkenstock’s for 40 euro. The Birkenstock’s event is a great story. On Saturday, after studying all day for Genetics and Physiology, Masha and I decided to take the train to go to the Birkenstock outlet an hour before it closed, which was not the best idea ever, but turned out great. Finding the train to take to Bad Honnef was easy and only took us 30 minutes to get across the Rhine to get there. Once we got there, neither of us had service to figure out how to get to Birkenstock besides a screenshot Masha had taken of directions to the store before we left. We decided the best plan of action was to start walking down the road and use our offline map. Birkenstock’s looked really far, but we decided to keep trekking there. Eventually we made it and had 10 minutes to pick out shoes before they closed. Thankfully I found a pair and our 1 mile (we tracked the distance once we had service again) run was worth it. I have enjoyed spending time here in Germany with friends and going on fun adventures just like this. 

For academics, I found it difficult to study for all my classes while trying to travel and get to know my host family and fellow students on the program. This is making me focus on time management skills that I am very thankful to be learning. I know that this is helping me prepare for my future once I start PA school and have to manage my time very wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment