Friday, January 25, 2019

Deustch is hard

 I'm surviving my second week, but academically not. I'm so behind with school, especially Deutsch, German. I found it is kind of hard for me. Vietnamese is my native language and it confuses me a lot when I speak Deutch. Especially, I'm a hardcore of graphics and texture learning, so sitting in the audio class like German really make the weakest student in the class. Besides, we began to learn something that relates to our majors like Human Physiology, History of Medicine, and Biomedical Engineering classes. Since we started one week later from our school, I feel like everything are being pushed together along with the Enmods' project. I still can't concentrate during the lecture at all. I got distracted a lot when I tried to link what we learning and what we had learned together, and when I got it, I already lost we were at during the lecture. So I decided to read the book and study by myself. I have done it before so I hope it is still working for me.

For my daily life, my host mom cooked some rice this week and love it. The way German cooks rice is so different from Asian. I was surprised by this a lot and I will tell my mom about it. It is so easier and faster, especially for a person that is not really good at cooking like me. I got used to the time over here (finally), but I still felt sleepy every day so decided to go to sleep early for one night to get away from the sleepiness. We went to Cologne this week. It is amazing and I'm pretty sure I will come back during spring break or so to explore more. My host parents invited to go with them to the north side of Germany to watch Florian's game this weekend. Unfortunately, I can't go since the hotel is too expensive for my budget (sad face). Besides, I was talking with my host mom today, she told me that my boyfriend can stay at her place if he wants to come to visit me during spring break. It is really nice of her. I started to love this country, the people, and especially the Weisskirchen family.

No comments:

Post a Comment