Sunday, January 13, 2019

My Greatest Wish

My Greatest Wish

   I am about to go to Europe for the first time. I am about to travel alone internationally for the first time. I am about to live with a host family for the first time. There are so many more “firsts” that will be happening for me on this trip that fill me with excited anticipation and a fear of the unknown.

     Some things I plan on doing fill me with pure excitement like seeing castles, traveling through Europe with new friends, working on a project with Enmodes, eating yummy food, having a small class size, and taking amazing profile pictures that everyone back home will be jealous of. Other things like learning German, adjusting to life in a new city, and tackling live-streamed differential equations are  a bit daunting. 

     It is because of these mixed feelings of fear and excitement that I decided I had to go on this study abroad. I  realize that I will have the days where I feel like the luckiest girl in the world and other days I am crying because I am homesick. Times when I get the best new profile picture and times where my photos will make me look  like a creature from the outer darkness. But, I feel like it’s those moments that will help shape me and make this trip one I will never forget. I guess my greatest wish for this journey of highs and lows is that I will make these lifelong memories with some great new friends from the US and from abroad. Considering the people I have met already, I think there is a more than a good chance my wish will be granted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment